Stay Safe and Get Back on the Road with Hawkins Towing
If you’re a driver, running out of gas on the highway can be a frustrating and stressful experience. To help you stay safe and get back on the road quickly, the team here at Hawkins Towing has compiled a list of steps to take if you find yourself in this overwhelming situation.
What to Do If You Ran Out of Gas on the Highway
Here are some essential steps you should follow if you ever run out of gas while driving on the highway:
- Turn on your hazard lights and pull over as far as possible when you run out of gas on the highway.
- Find the nearest gas station by using a mapping app on your smartphone or looking for signs on the side of the road.
- If you’re in a remote area and can’t find a gas station nearby, try to conserve your gas by turning off your engine and staying put. Running your car with an empty tank can cause damage to your engine.
- Call for assistance if you can’t find a gas station or if your car is disabled. Hawkins Towing offers 24/7 emergency towing and roadside assistance services, so you can always call us for help.
- If you can’t call for help, consider flagging down a passing motorist who seems trustworthy and offers to help you get to a gas station safely.
- Once you have a plan in place, walk to the nearest gas station to fill up your tank. Make sure you bring a gas can with you if you don’t have enough gas to make it to the station. Remember to stay safe and be always aware of your surroundings.
As a customer of Hawkins Towing, you can also take advantage of our 24/7 emergency towing and contact us for assistance.
Who to Call When You Run Out of Gas?
If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation of running out of gas on the highway, don’t panic. As a customer of Hawkins Towing, you can call us for 24/7 emergency towing and roadside assistance services. Our team of professionals can help you with anything from fuel delivery to jump-starts to tire changes. If you prefer not to call a professional service, you could also try calling a friend or family member who may be able to bring you gas or offer other types of assistance. Whatever option you choose, make sure you stay safe and avoid putting yourself in danger.
How Does Your Car Act When You’re Running Out of Gas?
When your car is running low on gas, it may start to behave differently than usual. Some common signs that your car is running out of gas include a low fuel warning light on your dashboard, reduced engine power, and stalling or hesitation. You may also notice that your car has trouble accelerating or that it makes unusual noises. If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to start looking for a gas station so that you can refill your tank and avoid getting stranded on the highway.
Is It Bad to Keep Your Gas Tank Full?
There is no harm in keeping your gas tank full. In fact, it can help prevent moisture buildup in your fuel system and ensure that you always have enough gas in case of an emergency.
How Can We Help You with Roadside Assistance?
At Hawkins Towing, we offer a wide range of roadside assistance services, including fuel delivery, jump-starts, tire changes, and more. Our team of experienced professionals is available 24/7 to help you get back on the road safely.
Contact Hawkins Towing for Reliable Roadside Assistance
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you ran out of gas on the highway, don’t panic. Follow the steps above to stay safe and get back on the road as quickly as possible. And if you need roadside assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Hawkins Towing. Our team is always ready to help.